Monday, March 19, 2007
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This is an extremely yummy recipe, although I'm not so sure how healthy it is. I got it off of the back of a HUGE bag of Toll House chocolate chips. The recipe is actually for "ChocOatChip Cookies," but I just put raisins instead of chocolate chips. I've made it a few times, and alhamdulillah it always tastes really good.
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
(for healthier cookies, I use 1 cup all-purpose & 3/4 cup whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbspn milk
2 1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 3/4 cups raisins
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and optional cinnamon in a bowl. Stir well to mix evenly.
3. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, granualted sugar, and butter until creamy. (Eat some!) Then beat in eggs and milk.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed. Then stir in oats and raisins. Mix well until everything's evenly coated and smelling delicious.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 12-13 minutes for crispy cookies. (I usually do about 11 minutes. Everything in moderation!) Cool on baking sheets about 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Depending on the size of the dough drops, this will make 3 or 4 dozen cookies, 12 per sheet. You can half the recipe if you prefer =) Enjoy with some delicious tea or a glass of milk or a delicious latte, or deliciously on their own, and praise Allah! Alhamdulillah!