Saturday, April 7, 2007
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tbspn shortening
1 box strawberries (about 15)
About 1 tbspn white chocolate chips
1) In a saucepan melt the chocolate chips and shortening on the lowest heat possible (or use a double broiler).
2) Keep stirring just until everything is smooth and creamy. It may take a while since it's on such low heat.
3) Dip the strawberries into the chocolate while it's still warm and smother deliciously. Place them on wax paper to cool.
4) Heat white chocolate chips for 30 seconds in the microwave, then take them out and stir them (they'll be pretty chunky) then heat for another 30 seconds, then take them out and keep sitrring patiently until they melt and become smooth. If you over heat them, they'll become cakelike (trust me).
5) Pour white chocolate chips into corner of ziploc bag, and snip a *teeny* piece off the corner. Squeeze to drizzle smooth whiteness over delicious brown chocolate-covered strawberries.
When you're done, leave them out at room temp for 15 minutes if you want the chocolate to be soft, or put them in the fridge if you want it to be crunchy and snap when you bite into it.